Presented by Christina Maragioglio
Technology can be overwhelming, especially through recent remote and blended learning environments. This course is designed to simplify the process of searching for different tools by guiding parents through various assistive technology strategies and device features that can be used to help their students feel successful in the classroom. Participants can expect an overview of assistive technology as well as some practical examples of using technology, whose principles can be transferred from one device to another. Let’s work together to make assistive technology both useful and fun for our students!
- 1.0 hour online on-demand self-paced training
- 1.0 hour live discussion. Live discussions are held via Zoom Meeting on a monthly or quarterly basis. 2022 dates for live discussion are pending.
Director of Technology and Learning
Christina has her bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Mechanical Engineering from Rochester Institute of Technology, where her thesis focused on the design and testing of an assistive tablet case for use with AAC applications. She meets with students, teachers and parents to develop customized assistive technology solutions to foster independence both in and out of the classroom.
Online Course AccessThis online course is available in the DaVinci Collaborative Learning Portal:
- Log in at https://shop.davincicollaborative.com/my-account/
- From the Account Dashboard, click “My Courses”
- Or, click My Account -> Learning Portal