- This event has passed.
The Science of Specialized Education- Creating Diagnostic and Prescriptive intervention plans with Data Driven Instruction
April 28, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm EDT$50.00
The analysis and synthesis of data have long been a vital component of the learning paradigm in our school systems. The goal of this course is to help educators learn how to collect and use both qualitative and quantitative data in meaningful ways that support student learning. Participants will develop a deeper understanding of how to identify specific learning challenges and craft diagnostic and prescriptive instructional plans that promote and produce measurable growth. Cultivating a data-driven, problem-solving mindset and practice will help educators, parents, and related professionals to identify and address learning needs more immediately and effectively for sustained results.
- Applying the Scientific Method to the instructional planning process
- Understanding the Response to Intervention Model
- Diagnostic and Prescriptive Instructional Process
- Introduction to the Instructional Plan
- Cultivating a Culture of Curiosity
- The Ladder of Inference
- Deep Dive Data Analysis
- Correlating Multiple Data Sources
- Customizing the Instructional Plan
- Progress Review Meetings
- Member Key Roles and Functions
- Progress Review Dialogues
- Key Questions and Adjusting the Plan
- $50 – Individuals
Kerry is an educational therapist and diagnostician trained extensively in Orton Gillingham and certified in several multisensory programs including: Wilson Language, Lindamood-Bell, Sonday System, Touch-Math, Perceptions Math, Writing Adventures, Dr. Maryanne Wolf’s RAVE-O, and more.