- This event has passed.
Discussion Event: Helping Children Overcome Trauma by Promoting Resilience
July 16, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm EDTFree
DEVELOPING A DEEPER UNDERSTANDING OF THE NEEDS OF CHILDREN TO FOSTER EMPOWERMENT AND THEIR ABILITY TO OVERCOME SERIOUS HARDSHIP AND TRAUMA
With Lorna Bosak, LCSW-R & New York Times Best Selling Author, Regina Calcaterra
Hear a young adult’s story of overcoming childhood trauma.
Join us as we discuss ways to help children overcome trauma by promoting resilience.
Develop a deeper understanding of the needs of children to foster empowerment and their ability to overcome serious hardship and trauma.
9:00 – 11:45 AM – Morning Session Keynote, Paired Conversation, Panel
- Keynote Speak: Regina Calcaterra
- Open conversation between a young adult formally diagnosed with Attachment Disorder and her therapist
- Round table panel discussion: Building resiliency from every angle
11:45 AM – 12:45 PM – Lunch Break
12:45 – 3:00 PM – Afternoon Deep Dive Learning Session
- Causes of childhood trauma
- How trauma changes the brain
- The needs of children who experience abuse or neglect
- How foster and adoptive parents can support and care for traumatized children
- How caseworkers and therapists can advocate for traumatized children